If you haven’t scheduled your HVAC system maintenance, you could be paying more in power bills than you ought to. Many homeowners shrug off the idea of having an annual HVAC system check not knowing it is a plus for them.
Why HVAC Repair and Maintenance is Crucial
Preventive maintenance ensures your system is always up and running throughout the season. There are no surprise breakdowns and operations are always at top efficiency. As professionals in this field, All American Contracting are fully aware that HVAC systems due to their location away from the daily traffic end up being forgotten.
If you don’t book your HVAC system for maintenance, it may not serve you for the many years it is supposed to. It will break down sooner than you expect. We can help you reduce the incidence of repairs by ensuring that your system is on top of annual maintenance.
Key Benefits of An Efficient System
A tuned-up HVAC system costs far much less to keep it running. It saves you from the trouble of going off at the time when you least expect it. Some of the quick benefits you realize with scheduled tune-ups include:
- Lower energy bills
- Fewer repairs
- Reduced chances of catastrophic breakdowns
- Longer equipment life
- Safer equipment operation
What You Can Do on Your Own
There are several tasks you can do on your own without calling us to send in our professionals. Some of these tasks include:
- Changing of HVAC filters – This is done at least once every three months.
- Removing debris from outdoor unit
- Hosing down the outdoor unit to prevent accumulation of dirt
- Trimming foliage around the outdoor unit
- Ensuring the supply and return registers are free from blockage
Working with All American Contracting Professionals
During our repair and maintenance exercise, we go through your system to establish areas that have problems so that we can fix them. While some DIYers would want to attempt these tasks, it is recommended that you only allow professionals to handle them. This is what we do.
- Checking the Thermostat – This is to ensure calibration is correctly done for comfort in every season. We advise you to invest in a programmable thermostat.
- Tightening Loose Connections – When connections become loose, it can endanger not just the equipment but the lives of those around it. We can help you fix this.
- Lubricating Moving Parts – Inadequate lubrication may cause high amounts of friction in your system. We oil moving parts to give your equipment a longer lifespan and to prevent frequent breakdowns.
- Inspecting the Condensate Drain – This is to clean up any sludge or algae that forms in the drain pipe which may end up creating a blockage.
- Checking system controls
- Cleaning and adjusting the blower
- Condenser and evaporator coil cleaning
- Checking refrigerant charge
- Inspecting gas pressure
Working with All American Contracting company assures you of repair guarantees, discounts from time to time, and replacement with original parts. We have partnerships with the major HVAC brands including Goodman, Trane, Carrier, American Standard, Lennox, York, and others. Call us today for an inspection and tune-up.